It’s Time to Share!
We are so excited to finally share our 2015-16 Spokane Civic Theatre poster artwork! Over the next ten days, we’ll be revealing these fantastic designs, show by show, as created by Design Spike!
We’ll have a brief synopsis, show dates, and audition dates with each of these posts as well!
So without further ado…. let’s get started with our first regional premier of the season!
Reveal #1: Catch Me If You Can, the Musical
Seeking fame and fortune, precocious teenager Frank Abignale, Jr. runs away from home to begin an unforgettable adventure. With nothing more than his boyish charm, a big imagination, and millions of dollars in forged checks, Frank successfully poses as a pilot, a doctor, and a lawyer – living the high life and winning the girl of his dreams. But when Frank’s lies catch the attention of FBI agent Carl Hanratty, Carl pursues him across the country to make him pay for his crimes. Based on the hit film and incredible true story.
“Super-slick! The score evokes cocktail lounges, glitzy floorshows, Rat Pack suaveness, mellow jazz and energized go-go, all wrapped up in silky-smooth ’60s-styled orchestrations.”
– The Hollywood Reporter
Catch Me If You Can, the Musical is directed by Civic’s Artistic Director Keith Dixon and opens September 18, 2015 with our season kickoff gala, and runs through October 18, 2015.
Delta Airlines with Spokane International Airport
- VOCAL AUDITIONS (by appointment only):
- Saturday, June 13, 10AM – 6PM
- Sunday, June 14, 6PM – 9PM
- DANCE AUDITIONS: Monday, June 15, 6:30PM
- CALL BACKS: Tuesday, June 16, 6:30PM
The link to sign up for your appointment will be coming soon! Keep an eye on our website for more information. We’ve also created a Facebook event for you to mark your calendar ahead of time!
- FRANK ABAGNALE, JR. Our story’s conniving protagonist, he is a handsome and youthful con artist. Grew up learning to disappear into another skin to avoid his problems. He eventually falls in love with Brenda and desperately tries to change his ways.
Male, 20-30 yrs old
Range: G2 – C5
- CARL HANRATTY An FBI agent leading the investigation and search for Frank Jr. A knowledgeable and habitual workaholic who idolizes the moment he catches his perp. Lives a private life of loneliness and depression.
Male, 35-45 yrs old
Range: G2 – G4
- BRENDA STRONG A young nurse and Frank Jr.’s eventual love interest. Hard-working and initially insecure, she meets Frank Jr. after running away from a wedding. Comes to trust him but his true identity clouds her feelings.
Female, 20-30 yrs old
Range: G3 – A5
- CAROL STRONG Brenda’s traditional mother. She is talkative and boisterous.
Female, 45-60 yrs old
Range: Bb3 – A5
- FRANK ABAGNALE, SR. Frank Jr.’s father. He is an inspiration when it comes to swindling. Upbeat and fast-talking, he undergoes a series of progressive failures that leaves him a miserable drunk.
Male, 45-65 yrs old
Range: F2 – G#4
- PAULA ABAGNALE Frank Jr.’s gorgeous mother. She met Frank Sr. in France, during the war, but has fallen out of love. Caring and loving, with an underlying resentment toward her husband and son.
Female, 45-60 yrs old
Range: A3 – C5
- ROGER STRONG Brenda’s conservative father. He is stern and interrogatory, but reveals himself to be deeply romantic.
Male, 50-60 yrs old
Range: A2 – A4
- ENSEMBLE: COMMUTERS; ASSISTANTS; STEWARDESSES (MINDY, CINDY, LINDY, JANE, KELLIE, SHELLIE); PILOTS; AGENTS; TARGETS; PARTY-GOERS; DOCTORS; NURSES; INTERNS